Personal information you provide us
- Your email. We keep them for verification purposes.
- If you login using Facebook or Twitter social plugin, we have access to your social ID, username and email. We keep your social ID and email for verification purposes.
All these information provides us better information as to where our users are having trouble accessing, in which parts of the world the page is taking too long to load, or how their gaming experience is.
- Piwik - Piwik is an open source web analytics platform that respects it's users privacy.
- New Relic - New Relic provides better statistics regarding page load and application aspects. No personal-identifying information is collected.
- Google Adsense - Google Ads help keep Hacker Experience free.
- Your data - We do not rent or sell your personal/identifying data, nor make it public. It is safely stored on a private, access-limited server.
- Your password - Your password is uniquely salted using a slow hashing function.
- Your email - We do not spam.
When purchasing premium membership
- We do not store your credit card information.
- We use SSL and encrypt your data from our site to the payment gateway.
We use Google AdSense, that
- Uses DoubleClick*, a cookie that enables it and its partners to serve ads to you based on your previous accesses to other sites on the Internet.
*Users may opt out of the use of the DoubleClick cookie for interest-based advertising by visiting Ads Settings.
You can opt out of our tracking analytics at any time using the checkbox below
We use, follow and recommend the ACM code of ethics
This Term of Service was first published on 30/08/2014 and last revised on 30/08/2014.